The Japanese defense forces couldn't stop Godzilla.....I captured the beast!

The Japanese defense forces couldn't stop Godzilla.....I captured the beast!
Spied this over Route 128 on my way home from work. Dirty windshield and strong sun glare I had to darken the image and crop out the sun. That's the only edit to what's probably my worse quality image. I figured some would get a kick out of it so I posted the pic on facebook. A few shares later it's gone world wide! Who would of thunk it?

Why I created this......

Born and raised in Gloucester, Ma fishing gets in your blood. Surrounded by the sea, kids here have a boat almost as much as kids elsewhere have bicycles! As I grew older my fishing ambitions gave way to what's around me. Although I still "drop a line" every so often, my attention wanders to the majesty of the natural light that make this place so special. Never is each day the same. The subjects may be the same but the light from the sea & sky will morph the subject into a form of art. For that reason artists have been drawn to these shores for several hundred years, they followed the light painting and sketching these surroundings. What artists capture with paint on canvas, I attempt to capture with a click.....if I'm lucky!

I guess that's a sort of Fish'n!

Jay Albert

Jay Albert 2023 all rights reserved


Click on any post image to enlarge.

"A Gloucester Christmas ! "

My Views of Gloucester !

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Schooners...Born & Bred !



While this winter winds down I figured I'd bring out the vessel that's been born & bred right here in Gloucester. First disigned for use in the fishing industry these sleek & able vessels now provide recreation and education for all to enjoy. There's nothing like the sight of a schooner slicing the waves of Gloucester Harbor in full sail!












10 comments:

A New England Life said...

Jay these photos are beautiful! They almost look like paintings! Were you on a boat when you shot them?

Have you ever thought of going with a larger format on your page to show off your pictures a little more?

Jay Albert said...

Thanks Sharon! Yes...they were all taken from my boat. These "pics" were from my database,some were re-sized to fit several different web sites.
Jay

Unknown said...

I went out to lunch with your "partner" in the new photo project and we got some great leads on places to shoot food.

You better start fasting now!

Gorgeous photos!!!

Jay Albert said...

Kathleen....was that you I saw on the Fish Pier? I beeped as you drove by! I'll be posting pics from today after midnight.

Unknown said...

Could be. I was gabbing with Raf who who stopped to show me his new "bait wagon".

Jay Albert said...

I saw the old one being towed by Tally's the other day! That's good He's got a new set of wheels! I can't wait to see the new one. I'm sure it will be decked out and hard to miss!

Unknown said...

He says it doesn't have enough room. It's bigger than the old one but not as spacious inside. But he's happy because he got a permanent location this year down by St. Peter's Square.

h ventura said...

hy! reading your comments and watching your pictures is a very good sensation. It seems as if I was traveling in a novel or in a movie, around Glocester. And the amazing schonners! How come you still have so many of those magnificent boats? And friendship...it`s in the air. Have a nice day.

Jay Albert said...

ventura,
Thanks! The last schooner you see is the Thomas E. Lannon. She takes visitors for daily sails. And over the Labor Day weekend is the Gloucester Schooner Festival where schooners from all over gather,race and have a parade of sail!

Anonymous said...

Excellent shots Jay, your pics of our hometown really highlight what it's all about - rugged beauty.

I work for the Essex Shipbuilding Museum and I love your pic of the Lewis H. Story.

Best of luck

"Glosta Logic"

It's not "soda" and not "pop" or even "soda pop" it's "tonic"!
__________________________________________
It's a "rotary" not a "roundabout"!
__________________________________________
"Going up the line" is a term used when leaving the island!
__________________________________________
A "jigga"is a homemade powerless go-cart!
__________________________________________
It's not "Break Time or Coffee Break" it's "Mug-up"!
__________________________________________
It's not a "water fountain" it's a "Bubbla"!
__________________________________________

Angels in Disguise

">

Unloading Haddock !

">

25th Annual Gloucester Schooner Festival Slideshow !

SailGloucester 2009 Slideshow !

Allie Hates Soccer!