The Japanese defense forces couldn't stop Godzilla.....I captured the beast!

The Japanese defense forces couldn't stop Godzilla.....I captured the beast!
Spied this over Route 128 on my way home from work. Dirty windshield and strong sun glare I had to darken the image and crop out the sun. That's the only edit to what's probably my worse quality image. I figured some would get a kick out of it so I posted the pic on facebook. A few shares later it's gone world wide! Who would of thunk it?

Why I created this......

Born and raised in Gloucester, Ma fishing gets in your blood. Surrounded by the sea, kids here have a boat almost as much as kids elsewhere have bicycles! As I grew older my fishing ambitions gave way to what's around me. Although I still "drop a line" every so often, my attention wanders to the majesty of the natural light that make this place so special. Never is each day the same. The subjects may be the same but the light from the sea & sky will morph the subject into a form of art. For that reason artists have been drawn to these shores for several hundred years, they followed the light painting and sketching these surroundings. What artists capture with paint on canvas, I attempt to capture with a click.....if I'm lucky!

I guess that's a sort of Fish'n!

Jay Albert

Jay Albert 2023 all rights reserved


Click on any post image to enlarge.

"A Gloucester Christmas ! "

My Views of Gloucester !

Monday, July 30, 2012

My Little Molly......

It was June of 1998 that my wife suggested we get a dog. A year before her niece became the proud owner of a beagle and my wife became hooked on beagles. I said to her, if you get a beagle who is going to take her out late at night when the dog has to go? She said I will! Of course it turned out the other way around but in July we were off to New Boston,NH to pick out our new member of the family. That first year we took her camping in New Hampshire and Maine and later when we bought a boat in 2001 we brought her along for rides along the Annisquam River and the harbor. Over the years she became my best friend always getting excited when I said "lets go for a ride in the truck". She loved to go to a beach and has visited every beach on Cape Ann. This may sound strange but we actually could read each others mind. I guess that happens when you become attached as we have. Last month we noticed she wasn't herself and her stomach appeared bloated. A trip to the vet revealed her liver was being attacked by cancer. A few weeks went by and she regained her spunk as the swelling decreased. But last Thursday the swelling increased again. Another trip to the vet to drain her stomach brought relief and an appetite but the reprieve only lasted a day. As I type this she lay comfortably on the couch but I know little can be done. I know it's time to say goodbye, it's never easy but she brought us a lifetime of joy to reflect on and a friendship I'll never forget! Thanks Molly for being such a good friend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Una amiga muy linda,PRECIOSA, que sin duda alguna roba el corazón...Unos instantes muy lindos...recuerdos que llevarás en tu corazón...

Mucha fuerza, recibe un fuerte abrazo.

Saluditos

Noemí

A New England Life said...

Molly is such a beautiful girl. Saying goodbye will be very difficult, but the memories stay in your heart. Still, it's not the same as having her next to your side.

Wonderful pictures. The last one seems like it must have been recent. I love her little white face. Molly has lived a wonderful life!

Mary Ann said...

Know that Mom and Dad will take good care of her..Heck, she has a lot to tell them about us....Don't fear, she will be in the greatest of hands. After all, they did a good job with us...

Chisty Park said...

Molly will really be missed. She was a sweet dog with lots of style. Peaches and I will me her daily walks.

Christy

PaulaO said...

So sorry for your loss. I feel it, I really do. That last picture really tells a story. What a great tribute to your sweet Molly!

diane douglas zarella said...

you were so lucky to have your dog for all these years, it is never easy when they leave us, but, all dogs will go to heaven, i believe it.

Gail said...

Hi Jay, When I saw Jenny recently she was talking of Molly and said I could see the pictures on your blog. I'm so sorry for your loss, what a beautiful dog. I saw the photos of your new dog Allie and she looks sweet too. Good luck with her.

I love your photos of Gloucester, they make me want to get back out there, it has been too long.

Gail

"Glosta Logic"

It's not "soda" and not "pop" or even "soda pop" it's "tonic"!
__________________________________________
It's a "rotary" not a "roundabout"!
__________________________________________
"Going up the line" is a term used when leaving the island!
__________________________________________
A "jigga"is a homemade powerless go-cart!
__________________________________________
It's not "Break Time or Coffee Break" it's "Mug-up"!
__________________________________________
It's not a "water fountain" it's a "Bubbla"!
__________________________________________

Angels in Disguise

">

Unloading Haddock !

">

25th Annual Gloucester Schooner Festival Slideshow !

SailGloucester 2009 Slideshow !

Allie Hates Soccer!