While Boston was celebrating the Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins, Gloucester was host to the International Dory Races. A Canada vs USA tradition that will continue with a return match in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia later in the summer.
Here are the official results provided the the unofficial race official Damon Cummings:
1. Canada - Dorothy MacDonald and Tim Mair 6:35
2. USA - Christina Carpenter and Jeff Muise 6:39
1. USA - LJ Robertson and Randy Parisi 6:22
2. Canada - Stefan Nickerson and Joshua Atwood 6:40
1. USA - Amy Robertson and Christina Carpenter 6:58
2. Canada - Jeanne McLean and Nancy Ross 7:21
1. USA - Mike Harmon and John Scola 6:27
2. Canada - Pierre Bachand and Kenny MacDonald 6:43
1. USA - Mark Duval and Joe Sanfilippo by default, no Canadian crew.
Security....nose to nose!
Looking over the shoulder.
Making the turn.
Pulling very hard!
Coming and going!
Tight to the flag!
Very tight to the flag!
Rounding the flag!
Gull stands watch.
Dog on board!
Race is over.
It's not "soda" and not "pop" or even "soda pop" it's "tonic"!
It's a "rotary" not a "roundabout"!
"Going up the line" is a term used when leaving the island!
A "jigga"is a homemade powerless go-cart!
It's not "Break Time or Coffee Break" it's "Mug-up"!
It's not a "water fountain" it's a "Bubbla"!