It was a perfect day for the races even though some of the races were far from perfect! Wrong turn, a collision and a slipped oar made for interesting viewing. None the less it was a wonderful day for Gloucester and Lunenburg, N.S. to continue their shared tradition, heritage and friendship!
Here are the results provided by the official time keeper Damon Cummings:
1. Canada Kelly George and Robert Fox 6:38
2. USA Lily Jean Sanfillippo and Billy Edmonds 6:52
1. USA Tyler Edmonds and Tom Beaton 6:49
2. Canada John Ernst and Thomas Stuart 6:30 (disqualified)
1. USA Amanda Pallazola and Lindsey Rogers 6:57
2. Canada Danette Eden and Kathyrn Moore 7:08
1. Canada Willie Wells and Keith Merrell 6:39
2. USA John Scola and Mark Harmon 5:56
1. Canada Markus Schmidt and Joel George 9:41:44
2. USA Dylan and Clayton Morrissey 9:42:00
Lunenburg, N.S. Mayor Rachel Bailey receives "Glosta" gifts from Gloucester Mayor Sefatia Giambanco Romeo Theken!
Mix race start.
The Junior start.
USA Juniors wins!
The Canadian Juniors rounded the half way flag in the wrong direction which disqualified them. But they rowed a great race none the less.